[imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail Special Folder

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Aug 18 17:52:30 UTC 2014

On 08/18/2014 12:54 PM, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles wrote:

> ----- Mensagem de "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> ---------
>    Data: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:48:44 -0400
>      De: "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com>
> Assunto: Re: [imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail
> Special Folder
>    Para: imp at lists.horde.org

>>> This hasn't anything to do with either conf.php or backends.php.
>>> Read more carefully. You have to change prefs.local.php.
>>> And to reset identities, you have to drop the rows from the
>>> horde_prefs table (if you are using SQL prefs) with the "identity"
>>> value in pref_name.
>>>
>> Thanks for your input.  I have been reading as much as I can for
>> weeks.  I'm sure you'd be surprised at how much I've been reading.
>> I've also been rereading everything.  I eventually got it working.
>> But I'm having gaps in some of the components and really appreciate
>> this resource to help with some of the gaps.
>>
>> I'll certainly give back to the community with all what I'm learning.
>>
>> I had already dropped the prefs file which didn't do anything. I
>
> It does!
>
>> recall having seen a reference to a local php file, but had problems
>> finding it and finding where I saw the reference.  I had searched the
>> whole file system trying to find "local.php" files associated with
>> horde.
>
> You didn't find them because you didn't create them. Those files must
> be created form the origonal ones. For example:
>
> Copy the original backends.php to backends.local.php and edit
> backends.local.php.
> Copy the original prefs.php to prefs.local.php and edit
> prefs.local.php. And so on.
>
> The problem of editing original *.php files is that they may be
> overwritten on upgrade and you may loose your modifications.
> Don't forget to set permission to those files.
>
> You can find this information on INSTALL documentation and at the
> begining of those php files.
>
> Mauricio
>

>> But thanks to your input, it appears I'll probably have to create one
>> and start from there.
>>
>> I'll work with this new information and give feedback.  If it works,
>> I'm sure others will benefit from the information.  If it fails, I'll
>> hope for more hints, while I continue to read and experiment.
>>
>> Thanks again!
>>
>> -- L. James
>>
>> --
>> L. D. James
>> ljames at apollo3.com
>> www.apollo3.com/~ljames
>> --
>

> ----- Final da mensagem de "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> -----
>

> Maurício José T. Tecles
> Núcleo de Informática
> Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
> mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
> Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544

Thanks   Jose!

When I said it didn't do anything, I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant it
didn't do the objective of making any noticeable change.

I really appreciate the input and am still reading the docs and studying
them as close as I can.  Sorry for the gaps, but I'm sure with time most
of the gaps will be closed and I'll remember the problems that I have
and share it back with others.

I have done everything you have mentioned and still can't see any
difference in the saved sent mail configuration.  I'm still going over
it with a fine tooth comb to see what I'm still missing.

With the input from you and Jan, it appears that I have been on the
right track.  I'm sure if there is something else, you or someone else
would mention it.  So I'll keep retrying until I can see a "Sent Items"
for the saved mail.

I'm going to organize the exact steps so that I can post them exactly as
to how I'm performing them.  I believe, as I mentioned, I'm doing
exactly as you have described.  But since you sound so definite, there
is a chance I might not be performing them exactly.

I may perform a fresh install on another machine to ensure that I don't
have any confusion of my past failed attempts.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames at apollo3.com