[imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail Special Folder

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Aug 18 20:38:43 UTC 2014

>>> Maurício José T. Tecles
>>> Núcleo de Informática
>>> Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
>>> mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
>>> Tel.: (21) 3938-6526 ou 3938-6544
>>>

>> Thanks   Jose!
>>
>> When I said it didn't do anything, I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant
>> it didn't do the objective of making any noticeable change.
>>
>> I really appreciate the input and am still reading the docs and
>> studying them as close as I can.  Sorry for the gaps, but I'm sure
>> with time most of the gaps will be closed and I'll remember the
>> problems that I have and share it back with others.
>>
>> I have done everything you have mentioned and still can't see any
>> difference in the saved sent mail configuration.  I'm still going
>> over it with a fine tooth comb to see what I'm still missing.
>>
>> With the input from you and Jan, it appears that I have been on the
>> right track.  I'm sure if there is something else, you or someone
>> else would mention it.  So I'll keep retrying until I can see a "Sent
>> Items" for the saved mail.
>
> You won't "see" any Sent Items folder, until you create it. Setting a
> preference doesn't magically create a new folder on your IMAP server.
> Unless you enable the autocreate_special setting in backends.local.php.
>
>> I'm going to organize the exact steps so that I can post them exactly
>> as to how I'm performing them.  I believe, as I mentioned, I'm doing
>> exactly as you have described.  But since you sound so definite,
>> there is a chance I might not be performing them exactly.
>>
>> I may perform a fresh install on another machine to ensure that I
>> don't have any confusion of my past failed attempts.
>>
>> -- L. James
>>
>> --
>> L. D. James
>> ljames at apollo3.com
>> www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Jan, Jose, and everyone who pondered this... Thanks!

The issue is resolved.

In all my years of using a computer, the resolution is always something
simple.  I really appreciate this resource to share in steps while
debugging issues.

I'd still be pulling my hair out without your confirmation that I had
done it basically right.

I'm noticing that the messages are saved in the proper area, "Sent
Items".  I was looking at the name of the special box in the horde side
bar that said "Sent".  I thought it was displaying the name of the Sent
mail storage area.  It turns out that holding the mouse over the name,
"Sent", shows that it is indeed the "Sent Items" folder.

This issue is resolved.

Thanks again for all the generous support.

I understand how I might have appeared by having this problem when the
steps were so clear.  I understand that it appeared that I wasn't doing
them.

Have a great day!

-- L. James

--