[imp] Recurrent events in emClient with Horde

Thoralf Söldenwagner ts at linexus.de
Tue Sep 2 13:43:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

we have a problem with the mail clients in our administration
department. Every time they create weekly recurrent events those
events simply disappear from their calendars. I checked their
calendars in the webinterface and all events are there. Daily, monthly
and yearly events work just fine...
I contacted emClients support and this is their answer:

'The problem is that the HORDE caldav server sets a wrong value in
timezone definition:
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=4;BYMONTHDAY=15,16,17,18,19,20,21;BYDAY=1MO;UNTIL=19180421T00000Z

In UNTIL 5x is '0' but it should be 6x (2x hour, 2x minute, 2x second)
A workaround is currently not planned. Maybe you could fix the error
by yourself'

Could someone answer me, if this pure nonsense or if there is a chance
to make emClient work properly with HORDE?
Thanks
Thoralf