[imp] IMP Quotas config

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Sep 9 12:36:40 UTC 2014

----- Mensagem de Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> ---------
    Data: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 07:31:32 +0200
      De: Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>
Assunto: Re: [imp] IMP Quotas config
    Para: imp at lists.horde.org

> Citeren Art Stephens <astephens at ptera.com>:
>
>> Ok - Sorry I claim being busy.
>> Postfix 2.9.6
>
> Not relevant, quota is handled by you IMAP backend.
>
>> Dovecot IMAP/POP3 Server
>> Version 2.0.19
>
> Good.
>
>> backends.local.php
>>
>> <?php
>> // IMAP server
>> $servers['imap'] = array(
>>    'quota' => array(
>>        'driver' => 'imap',
>>        'params' => array(
>>            'hide_when_unlimited' => false,
>>            'unit' => 'GB'
>>        )
>>    ),
>> );
>
> Don't do that. You should never redefine arrays, only the elements
> that need changing. In this case, the following would suffice
> (assuming you're using the 'advanced' configuration):
>
>    $servers['advanced']['quota']['params']['unit'] = 'GB';
>    $servers['advanced']['quota']['params']['hide_when_unlimited'] = false;
>
> Of course, other values in the Horde configuration that you modified
> need to be handled in a similar fashion. Search the mailinglist for
> an explanation, this has been discussed just recently.
>
>> dovecot
>>
>> conf.d/10-mail.conf:
>>
>> # Space separated list of plugins to load for all services. Plugins
>> specific to
>> # IMAP, LDA, etc. are added to this list in their own .conf files.
>> mail_plugins = $mail_plugins quota
>>
>> conf.d/20-imap.conf:
>>
>> protocol imap {
>>  # Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global
>> mail_plugins).
>>  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota
>> }
>>

>> I think that is all that I did...
>
> Did you configure quota in 90-quota.conf? And did you recalculate
> quota in Dovecot?

Correct, see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration

Are you defining quotas through Dovecot or system quota?
If you are using system quotas, you are done (you should see quotas in
IMP after editing 90-quota.conf and restarting Dovecot). If you are
using mail quota through Dovecot keep reading the configuration link
above.

Mauricio