[imp] preview of attached files in imp

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:22:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
wrote:

> Quoting francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>:
>
>  So you can understand better how the user sees this, I include
>> the way it is reported to our helpdesk...
>>

>> I have tried several times to place a short attachment onto an e-mail
>> that I am trying to send. Each time a message comes back to me
>> indicating that the attachment is uploaded and a second one is received
>> that the is a problem with the attachment
>>

> What error?

A fatal error has occurred

Could not display attachment data.

1. IMP_Compose_View->composeAttachPreview()
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/view.php:44

Details

The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown
below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see
error details.

IMP_Exception Object
(
    [details] =>
    [logged] => 1
    [_logLevel:protected] => 0
    [message:protected] => Could not display attachment data.
    [string:Exception:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/Compose/View.php
    [line:protected] => 54
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /usr/local/www/horde/imp/view.php
                    [line] => 44
                    [function] => composeAttachPreview
                    [class] => IMP_Compose_View
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => 1
                            [1] => 1
                            [2] =>
                        )

                )

        )

    [previous:Exception:private] =>
)

This error can be reproduced by attaching a word doc in compose,
and clicking on the named attachment in the compose window after.

It is out of the box behavior.  I'm not trying to make it preview in the
browser.
We just want a session where users will be confident uploading
the attachment has worked.