[imp] Move To Junk doesn't work via ActiveSync any longer

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Nov 9 18:13:25 UTC 2014

Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

> imp                       6.2.3
> horde                   5.2.2
> Horde_ActiveSync          2.20.0
>
> This use to work, I notice now it doesn't if using an iPhone to connect via
> Active Sync, if you swipe left, choose "More", then choose "Move to Junk",
> the message goes away from the display, but it isn't actually moved.
> Hitting the "Spam" button using horde via the Web works, of course.
>
> When I do this, my "inbox" at the top then changes to some strange code
> like:  70FB9178-576E-4CAA-....  I have to go back to Mailboxes, then back
> to Inbox.
>
> Choosing to just "Trash" the message works.
>
> brent

ActiveSync doesn't natively support a "Junk" folder. What iOS, and
some other clients, do is to either look for a folder named "Junk" or
"Junk Email", create one if not found, and use that for Junk email.
What I suspect has happened is that maybe you have either
deleted/renamed/unsubscribed from the folder that iOS has mapped as
junk. Either way, not a Horde issue but rather a client issue.

--
mike
The Horde Project