[imp] Login Problem after update to 5.2.2 solved after downgrade to 5.2.1

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Nov 11 10:39:06 UTC 2014

Zitat von Kein Name <montiburns at gmail.com>:

> Michael M Slusarz schrieb:
>> Quoting Kein Name <montiburns at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hello List,
>>>
>>> just to let everyone know, the problem I had before (see below) has
>>> disappeared, after I downgraded the webmail application to 5.2.1
>>> So I think there is a bug of some sort in 5.2.2
>>>
>>> Bye
>>> Stefan
>>>

>>> Original email:
>>>
>>> I was running Horde Webmail 5.2.1 since the release without any trouble.
>>> After updating Horde Webmail to 5.2.2 I have a strange problem every
>>> other day (roughly one in 7 days).
>>> I go to the login page and can see the login boxes, I enter
>>> username/password and the log files show a login success for horde and
>>> imp, so does the imap server.
>>> BUT then I am not redirected to my mail box URL like this
>>> https://webmail.example.net/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox#mbox:SU5CT1g
>>> instead the login screen stays, with no error message on it and the URL
>>> changes to something like
>>> https://webmail.example.net/login.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwebmail.example.net%2Fimp%2Fdynamic.php%3Fpage%3Dmailbox&horde_logout_token=0JgcLt-y2mhIAbF5FgqIEQ3
>>>
>>> and thats about it. I am not seeing my mailbox, I cannot re-try logging
>>> in, as I always see the login boxes.
>>
>> Nobody else has reported this, and I can't reproduce.  This sounds more
>> like an issue with the local upgrade rather than a Horde issue.
>>
>> michael
>>
>> ___________________________________
>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>>

> Hello Michael,
>
> I can try to upgrade again to 5.2.2 or directly to 5.2.3 and see what
> happens...
> The update is done with
> pear install -a -B horde/webmail
>

> regards
> Stefan

And FWIW, downgrading webmail to 5.2.2 doesn't do anything, since it
is almost exclusively a dependency container, and no code changed from
5.2.2 to 5.3.3. That is, any actuall code from Horde, IMP, the
libraries, etc. is still the same, unless you downgraded them too.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project