[imp] User authorization failing for imp (Horde login is ok)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 8 21:01:19 UTC 2014

Quoting Kai Harrekilde-Petersen <khp at harrekilde.dk>:

> Hi,
>
> I am installing Horde on an Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS machine, using their
> php-horde-webmail package.
>
> Versions:
> PHP: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5 (test.php says that "this version of PHP has
> not been fully tested with this version of Horde")
> Horde Group Webmail Edition 5.1.3
> Horde version 5.1.5
> Imp version 6.1.6
>
> I am able to login as a user, but the portal services page
> (/horde/services/portal) says "User is not authorized for imp".
> I've traced this back to Registry.php, line 1551, when testing for
> $this->isAuthenticated(array('app' => $app))
> The isAuthenticated() function throws an exception when doing
>         try {
>             return $GLOBALS['injector']
> ->getInstance('Horde_Core_Factory_Auth')
>                 ->create($app)
>                 ->transparent();
>         } catch (Horde_Exception $e) {
>             Horde::log($e);
>             return false;
>         }
>
> I have looked at the Horde wiki' FAQ Admin, and confirmed that
> sessions work, changed $conf['session']['use_only_cookies'], checked
> the cookie path, deleted my cookies - all to no avail.I've googled,
> but only found a message from about a year ago reporting the same,
> but no solution.
> If I navigate to horde/imp, I get logged out and cannot log back in again.
>
> I'm using IMAP for authentication (test.php says OK, I get Login
> success message in my syslog), MySQL for prefs.I used
> horde-db-migrate to setup the tables.
>
> I'm at wit's end, so I'd appreciate any help here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kai Harrekilde-Petersen

First, unless you have some specific need not to, you should probably
be using Application/IMP authentication since you are authenticating
to the same IMAP server anyway.

Second, you most likely have not correctly configured
imp/config/backends.local.php propertly. Look at the 'hordeauth'
parameter.

--
mike
The Horde Project