[imp] Various meaningful IMP default settings

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:12:51 UTC 2014

On 23 Dec 2014 01:07, "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>> Except that my phone shows the name and phone number.  And I wouldn't
want
>> a phone that only displayed numbers.  Nor would I tolerate one that only
>> showed the name..
>

> What kind of phone are you using?
>
> I just checked Andorid and it doesn't show the phone number in the call
list if that number is in my contact list.  I'm pretty sure iOs does the
same.

> (Obviously, if you look at any individual phone contact log, or for
incoming calls, it might show both name and number.  But that's irrelevant
because we've been talking about what should be show in LIST views).

Hi Michael

Android. Actually the call log doesn't (although it does indicate if it was
mobile or fixed and incoming/outgoing/missed).

I was talking about when the phone actually rings - which is more analogous
to clicking on an unread email.

Simon