[imp] Various meaningful IMP default settings

Daniel Vollbrecht d.vollbrecht at scram.de
Tue Dec 23 11:29:35 UTC 2014

Am 23.12.14 um 01:07 schrieb Michael M Slusarz:

> (Obviously, if you look at any individual phone contact log, or for
> incoming calls, it might show both name and number.  But that's
> irrelevant because we've been talking about what should be show in LIST
> views).

Then there's a misunderstanding. I was talking about the actual mail
view when I click on an email (see attached screenshot) the whole time.
Currently, I have to

1. click to open the email
2. click again to the small triangle on the left to expand the view
3. click again on each of the names (to see the email addresses)

Now I even think that the average user doesn't imagine that (3) is
possible because he already expanded the view. And my point was that the
current view doesn't do a favor for neither the average nor the advanced
users. In this example, I would've easily been deluded if you had sent
to 'CC: imp <somebody at roundcube.org>' as I only see 'imp' until (3).
Thus, the "sender addresses can't be trusted" argument doesn't apply
here. Also it is industry standard in other clients not to require (2)
and (3).

After opening the email (1), I should get the

From: Some unverified name <email at host>

and the GeoIP country flag displayed next to it to avoid steps 2 and 3.

Would this be considerable?

Best, Daniel