[imp] IMP fails to display messages

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 5 11:26:25 UTC 2015

Zitat von Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>:

> Happy New Year 2015 to all.
>
> I am having some headache getting IMP to display messages. I get the famous
> "Error when communicating with the server" when I select INBOX. I do see
> the number of messages listed, but I am not able to display them because of
> this error.
>
> It's a complicated/stupid setup where I moved my horde directory to another
> server.
>
> The first problem I can see is that there is an attempt to connect to the
> DB (I use MySQL), but it's failing because it's using the wrong
> credentials. How many/which files do I have to edit to ensure I have the
> correct DB logon credentials? Is there another file other than
> horde/config/conf.php which contains these credentials?

Only you can answer this question. By default, all Horde code
accessing the database will use the global DB configuration. But at
the same time, each place that uses SQL can be configured to use
different DB connection details. Whether those have been used, only
you could tell.

> Is there a simpler way of solving this bar for blowing up everything and
> starting afresh?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254733744121/+254722743223
> "I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org/
https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject