[imp] IMAP Folders and Email Display Problems in SmartMobile View

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue Jan 20 22:19:47 UTC 2015

We have a very strange problem that I have been unable to trace and I
wonder if anyone recognizes this and can tell me what I need to change
to fix this.  I will file a bug report if I can determine this is not a
configuration issue.

We are running a Debian install with PHP 5.6.4, Horde 5.2.1, IMP 6.2.2,
and the latest Debian package for jquery.mobile.js loads version 1.2.0.

When using the smartmobile view we are able to login and use all apps
except IMP.  With IMP we are seeing the following behavior in all mobile
or desktop browsers (Safari, K9, IE, FF, Chrome) that we have tested so far:

I watched firebug during all page loads and everything is being loaded
as it should be.  Based on the error below I made certain that
jquery.mobile.min.js (v1.2.0) is loading, about 100ms after smartmobile.js.

No Horde or PHP errors are being logged to syslog when these problems
happen.

- After login we click on "Mail" (mailbox display pref set to display
folders after login and "Use IMAP mailbox subscriptions?" is UNchecked)
and get an empty mail Folders display with menu bars top and bottom.

In firebug on Chrome we get the following console error for line 316 of
smartmobile.js: "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function"

314   onPageChange: function(e, data)
315   {
316        $.mobile.navigate(data.options.dataUrl || ('#' +
HordeMobile.currentPage()), {}, true);
317   },

In firebug on FF the reported error for line 316 is "TypeError:
$.mobile.navigate is not a function"

Clicking on Refresh in the bottom menu at this point does nothing (does
not even show the "busy" icon.)

- If we click on "Show All" we see all our IMAP folders.  If we click on
"Show Polled" we see only Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Templates, and Trash.

- When I click on a folder I again get menu bars top and bottom with an
empty display between them.  I also get two console errors for line 316
of smartmobile.js (same as above)

- Clicking on "Refresh" bring up the list of emails in the selected folder.

- Click on an email brings up top & bottom menu bars, the same line 316
error and no email.  This time however there is no refresh option that
will display the email without running into the "$.mobile.navigate is
not a function" error.  So we can not see email in smartmobile view.

So I am going to investigate the possibility of a version problem with
jquery.mobile.js 1.2.0.  I would really appreciate it if anyone can
confirm the version issue or knows of something else I should look at.

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Andy Dorman