[imp] IMAP Folders and Email Display Problems in SmartMobile View, resolved

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue Jan 20 22:56:24 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 04:19 PM, Andy Dorman wrote:
> We have a very strange problem that I have been unable to trace and I
> wonder if anyone recognizes this and can tell me what I need to change
> to fix this.  I will file a bug report if I can determine this is not a
> configuration issue.
>
> We are running a Debian install with PHP 5.6.4, Horde 5.2.1, IMP 6.2.2,
> and the latest Debian package for jquery.mobile.js loads version 1.2.0.
>
> When using the smartmobile view we are able to login and use all apps
> except IMP.  With IMP we are seeing the following behavior in all mobile
> or desktop browsers (Safari, K9, IE, FF, Chrome) that we have tested so
> far:
>
> I watched firebug during all page loads and everything is being loaded
> as it should be.  Based on the error below I made certain that
> jquery.mobile.min.js (v1.2.0) is loading, about 100ms after smartmobile.js.
>
> No Horde or PHP errors are being logged to syslog when these problems
> happen.
>
> - After login we click on "Mail" (mailbox display pref set to display
> folders after login and "Use IMAP mailbox subscriptions?" is UNchecked)
> and get an empty mail Folders display with menu bars top and bottom.
>
> In firebug on Chrome we get the following console error for line 316 of
> smartmobile.js: "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function"

> 314   onPageChange: function(e, data)
> 315   {
> 316        $.mobile.navigate(data.options.dataUrl || ('#' +
> HordeMobile.currentPage()), {}, true);
> 317   },
>
> In firebug on FF the reported error for line 316 is "TypeError:
> $.mobile.navigate is not a function"
>
> Clicking on Refresh in the bottom menu at this point does nothing (does
> not even show the "busy" icon.)
>
> - If we click on "Show All" we see all our IMAP folders.  If we click on
> "Show Polled" we see only Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Templates, and Trash.
>
> - When I click on a folder I again get menu bars top and bottom with an
> empty display between them.  I also get two console errors for line 316
> of smartmobile.js (same as above)
>
> - Clicking on "Refresh" bring up the list of emails in the selected folder.
>
> - Click on an email brings up top & bottom menu bars, the same line 316
> error and no email.  This time however there is no refresh option that
> will display the email without running into the "$.mobile.navigate is
> not a function" error.  So we can not see email in smartmobile view.
>
> So I am going to investigate the possibility of a version problem with
> jquery.mobile.js 1.2.0.  I would really appreciate it if anyone can
> confirm the version issue or knows of something else I should look at.
>
> Thanks for your assistance.

I went to the jquery-mobile site and grabbed the latest version of
jquery-mobile and shoved that onto our dev server where debian loads
it's outdated package (/usr/share/javascript/jquery-mobile/) and Horde
links to files in that directory.  I adjusted the sym links that link
the generic names to specific versions to use the v 1.4.5 files and
everything works now.

So now to see if I can help the Debian package maintainer upgrade the
Debian package somehow (I am NOT a Debian Package person) or just monkey
patch all our prod servers until the Debian package catches up.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time looking into this.

--
Andy Dorman