[imp] IMP treeview does not display private namespaces prefix..

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Mar 5 17:30:53 UTC 2015

Quoting giorgio paolucci <giorgio.paolucci at unipd.it>:

> Hello Michael,
> thank you for your feedback; the only preference parameter i found in
> prefs.php is:
>
> $_prefs['tree_view'] = array(
>     'value' => 1,
>     'advanced' => true,
>     'type' => 'enum',
>     'enum' => array(
>         0 => _("Combine all namespaces"),
>         1 => _("Show non-private mailboxes in separate folders")
>     ),
>     'desc' => _("How should namespaces be displayed in the folder tree
> view?"),
>     'suppress' => function() {
>         return
> !$GLOBALS['injector']->getInstance('IMP_Factory_Imap')->create()->access(IMP_Imap::ACCESS_FOLDERS);
>     },
>     'on_change' => function() {
>         $GLOBALS['injector']->getInstance('IMP_Ftree')->init();
>     }
> );
>
> I tried both values with no effect; perhaps this settings shows public
> and shared namespaces, but seems it has no effect with private
> namespaces.... Could you kindly give me a clue on the right setting?

Sorry, I did not see you mention private namespaces.

All private (actually: "personal") namespaces are displayed in the
same root, as that is the correct semantics of the namespace.  As per
the RFC, there really SHOULD only be one personal namespace.

Once you require personal namespaces to be segregated, that is the
definition of a "shared" namespace - a namespace that doesn't live at
the root of a personal namespace.

All private/personal namespaces are displayed at the same level in
IMP, which is the correct behavior.

michael