[imp] "Error Connecting to SMTP Server" - Having difficulty troubleshooting !

Tim Smith r.andomdev4+imp at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:33:39 UTC 2015

Hi michael,

Assuming I've put it in the right place
(horde/imp/lib/Compose/Exception.php, line 75, before "return true;"
), nothing logged in the debug log.

;-(

<small rant>
Also, coming back to your earlier point, even if "that means it was
not able to reach that host/port combination. " were true, it is a
pretty lousy sort of debug feature if "Horde writes nothing to the
debug log " because its unable to reach the host/port.   If I turn on
debugging on a piece of software, its because I want more verbosity
into what's going on behind the scenes.  Being unable to reach a
host/port seems to me to be a pretty obvious thing that should appear
in a debug log (infact, is should really appear in the standard logs,
you shouldn't need to turn on debugging to see a connectivity issue).
</small rant>