[imp] "Error Connecting to SMTP Server" - Having difficulty troubleshooting !

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 8 17:39:46 UTC 2015

Quoting Tim Smith <r.andomdev4+imp at gmail.com>:

> Hi michael,
>
> Assuming I've put it in the right place
> (horde/imp/lib/Compose/Exception.php, line 75, before "return true;"
> ), nothing logged in the debug log.

Not the SMTP debug log... the Horde log.  Not sure if that makes a
difference or I am misunderstanding your semantics.  (Make sure Horde
log is set to DEBUG level in horde/config/conf.php)

SMTP debug log is for *protocol* debugging.  It is not designed to
show errors and/or track connection-level issues (that's the point of
the Horde-level logging).

michael