[imp] Inserting the signature in the proper place

Joao S Veiga jsveiga at rf.com.br
Fri May 8 19:49:57 UTC 2015

> Two super quick examples... in Thunderbird, the config option
> explicitly says "Place my signature... below the quote
> (recommended)".  And Gmail puts signatures at the bottom of the
> message by default.

Thanks you, those are indeed good examples of widely used mail clients
which offer an OPTION for the user to select the signature position,
which is what my modification does too.

Gmail didn't in the past, then answering to user's requests, they
added it as part of the "beta labs", and then in mainstream.

It is good to know that IMP developers think Thunderbird and Gmail are
good examples, as this means that selecting which attachments from the
original message are included in a forward is a good thing, right?
Both Thunderbird and Gmail allow this, but it seems it's blatantly
wrong too...

Anyway, I'm not asking for blessings nor praise, nor a merge. I fixed
the problem for my users, and in the spirit of open source I'm
offering it back for anyone who also wants that option. As you implied
yourself, this is a recurring discussion, so there are indeed people
interested.

And to be fair, thanks for an outstanding software; my users are very
happy with the switch so far.

Best regards,
Joao