[imp] The message was rejected by the server

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon May 11 15:08:03 UTC 2015

>>> to=<MStrawn <MStrawn at recipientserver.net>@ <MStrawn at recipientserver.net>
> [...]
> checks and (at least for new mails, not replies) just sent the email
> through Horde's configured SMTP mailer.  I'd probably need a detailed
> ActiveSync log of the SENDMAIL command from the iOS device to see what it
> is sending to rule out (or fix) anything in our code.
>
> Just the normal ActiveSync log, or do I have to increase the debug level?
>
> Actually, I found something.
>
> On the same server, I have the MTA, production horde, and separately horde
> installed from git.
>
> The Android was actually using the production horde.
>
> When I changed the iOS device from git to production, it works.
>
> When I changed the android to point to the git install, it doesn't.
>
> PROD
> Address Book (turba) 4.1.3        SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Calendar (kronolith) 4.1.4        SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> content 2.0.3                    SQL DB schema is ready.
> Filters Filters (ingo) 3.1.3    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Horde (horde) 5.1.5                                        Application is
> ready.
> Mail (imp) 6.1.6                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Notes (mnemo) 4.1.2                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
> is ready.
> Password (passwd) 5.0.1                                    Application is
> ready.
> Tasks (nag) 4.1.3                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> timeobjects 2.0.4
>
> GIT
> Address Book (turba) 4.3.0-git    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Calendar (kronolith) 4.3.0-git    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> content 2.0.5-git                SQL DB schema is ready.
> Filters (ingo) 3.3.0-git        SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Horde (horde) 5.3.0-git                                    Application is
> ready.
> Mail (imp) 7.0.0-git             SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Notes (mnemo) 4.3.0-git         SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Password (passwd) 5.0.2-git                             Application is
> ready.
> Tasks (nag) 4.3.0-git             SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
> ready.
> Tickets (whups) 3.0.1-git
>
> I suspect something has (or more accurately should have) changed in
> backends.local.php
>
> Anything I should look for specifically?  I usually end up breaking

Nothing comes to mind, other than making sure the "Mailer" config for
horde (in conf.php) and/or IMP (in backends.[local.]php) - depending
on which you are using - is correct. Make sure you are using a SMTP
server, and not the sendmail binary.

--
mike
The Horde Project