[imp] The message was rejected by the server

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:50:50 UTC 2015

On 11 May 2015 17:08, "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>> LO

The

>> thing I

>> or

>> anything

>> have

>> RCPT

>> MStrawn at recipientserver.net>@

>> least

>>> Are these the same email? Is the Android log from an ActiveSync client
or

>> just a "normal" email client on the device?
>>>

>>> I have no idea why this would happen for one ActiveSync client vs a
>>
>> different one, the SENDMAIL ActiveSync command is fairly straight forward
>> and doesn't differ for different clients. Essentially we do some sanity
>> checks and (at least for new mails, not replies) just sent the email
>> through Horde's configured SMTP mailer.  I'd probably need a detailed
>> ActiveSync log of the SENDMAIL command from the iOS device to see what it
>> is sending to rule out (or fix) anything in our code.
>>
>> Just the normal ActiveSync log, or do I have to increase the debug level?
>>
>> Actually, I found something.
>>
>> On the same server, I have the MTA, production horde, and separately
horde
>> installed from git.
>>
>> The Android was actually using the production horde.
>>
>> When I changed the iOS device from git to production, it works.
>>
>> When I changed the android to point to the git install, it doesn't.
>>
>> PROD
>> Address Book (turba) 4.1.3        SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
>> ready.
>> Calendar (kronolith) 4.1.4        SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
>> ready.
>> content 2.0.3                    SQL DB schema is ready.
>> Filters Filters (ingo) 3.1.3    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
>> ready.
>> Horde (horde) 5.1.5                                        Application is
>> ready.
>> Mail (imp) 6.1.6                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application is
>> ready.
>> Notes (mnemo) 4.1.2                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
>> is ready.
>> Password (passwd) 5.0.1                                    Application is
>> ready.
>> Tasks (nag) 4.1.3                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
>> ready.
>> timeobjects 2.0.4
>>
>> GIT
>> Address Book (turba) 4.3.0-git    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
>> ready.
>> Calendar (kronolith) 4.3.0-git    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
>> ready.
> [...]
horde (in conf.php) and/or IMP (in backends.[local.]php) - depending on
which you are using - is correct. Make sure you are using a SMTP server,
and not the sendmail binary.

Can I just clarify the backends.local.php should only contain overrides?
Mine has the complete mailer in it.

I'm definitely not using conf.php or a sendmail binary.

Would it be possible for you or someone to share their backends.local.php
with me for comparison?  Please?

Simon