[imp] Use different SMTP servers depending on sending identity

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Sat Jan 2 02:03:27 UTC 2016

Happy New Year all!!!

I've had a request that I don't know if it can be done or not.  I
tried doing some research, but didn't find anything definite.

Is it possible to set up imp to use a specific smtp server based on
the identity being used?  i.e, if I send email from my GMail identity,
can I use GMail's smtp servers?  If so, will it prompt me for the
userid/pass to use for smtp auth, or would I need to use the same one
for the whole server setup?

I'm not sure what is prompting this request, and don't really know how
or why this would be a good thing to do.

Thank you,

John Bennett