[imp] Extra Lines After Body Text

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:49:52 UTC 2016

On 13 Oct 2016 22:19, "James Woodward" <
jameswoodward at gentechsoftwaregroup.com> wrote:

> Simon,
> I hear what you are saying.
> Mea culpa.
> You were correct that the browser was the problem. I checked it in
Firefox and there is no space between the body text and the attachment.
> I have shared a screen grab of my google version.
>
> I'm using Groupware 5.2.6
> Imp H5 (6.2.8)
> Winodws 10 Updated today
> Regards

Still top-posting.. but hey..

Ok. So it's a browser issue.  Or maybe a standards compatibility problem..
you may still need to run the stack-trace.  Especially if you'd like to
contribute to the community.

But now I'm out of my depth now (not technical, sorry!).

Simon

> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>

>> On 13 Oct 2016 20:52, "James Woodward" <
jameswoodward at gentechsoftwaregroup.com> wrote:

>> >  Thank you for your help.
>> > You did at least respond.
>> > I don't  think after that explanation you should have a good idea of
the
>> > problem.
>> > I don't see how a screen grab is going to help.
>> > The attachment would be off the screen. You see that IS the problem.
>> > If you had asked for a source view that might have been of some use.
>> > I really don't why dealing with Horde is seems so backward.
>> > I never have to work this hard with any other system I deal with to
find
>> > answers to what must be
>> > common problems.
>> > With a user base as big as it must be after so many years of
>> > development...I would think dozens
>> > of threads would pop up on google. There is nothing!
>> > Is stackoverflow not option?
>> > Perhaps I'm just missing the point of Horde all together?
>> > Believe me I hate to be critical of a group who doing the work for
free but
>> > I am frustrated with what I am seeing. Hopefully what I'm saying will
be
>> > helpful
>> > in some way?
>> > Regards,
>> > James
>>
>> 1. Top-posting will never help
>> 2. Jan is a developer. The developer who might be able to help. I
understand from your problem description what you're seeing, but I don't
have a solution to offer.  At a guess, I'd say this is a browser issue.
But if Jan wants a screenshot and you need two to demonstrate the problem,
then give him two.
>> 3. If a screenshot of the view source would show 20-40 </br>s, then post
that instead.
>> 4. Stackexchange might be an option - offer to moderate it.  It's a
community project. But the dispersed developers have chosen to use a
mailing list, for reasons that suit their free engagement.
>> 5. The fact that no one else seems to have this issue, has posted
something similar, is offering a solution, points to this being a local
problem.
>> 6. You haven't stated what version of imp and horde.  Or if you have
individual packages installed or the groupware package.  That's not
helping.  None of the completely voluntary participants on this list know
your system like you do.

>> - have you tested/confirmed this behaviour in other browsers with the
same account?
>> - with a different account in the same browser?
>> - same browser, but with private-browsing activated?
>> - same account, same browser, different attachment?
>>
>> If the problem is in the code, then you're going to need to run a
stack-trace, or activate debugging code.  Can you do that?

>> Personally, I don't use HTML email, but I'll try to replicate this when
I'm at a computer and remember.  But the last time I did use HTML email to
embed an attachment, I didn't have an issue.  But I'm running the latest
git.

>> Professional (paid) support is also available.
>>
>> Simon

IMP.