[imp] Extra Lines After Body Text

Volker Then horde40 at volkerthen.com
Fri Oct 14 09:11:07 UTC 2016

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 13 Oct 2016 22:19, "James Woodward" <
> jameswoodward at gentechsoftwaregroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> Simon,
>> I hear what you are saying.
>> Mea culpa.
>> You were correct that the browser was the problem. I checked it in
> Firefox and there is no space between the body text and the attachment.
>> I have shared a screen grab of my google version.
>>
>> I'm using Groupware 5.2.6
>> Imp H5 (6.2.8)
>> Winodws 10 Updated today
>> Regards
>
> Still top-posting.. but hey..
>
> Ok. So it's a browser issue.  Or maybe a standards compatibility problem..
> you may still need to run the stack-trace.  Especially if you'd like to
> contribute to the community.
>
> But now I'm out of my depth now (not technical, sorry!).
>
> Simon

 From time to time I have this issue too. It's the problem of certain
html messages. In chromium the iframe for the message view gets a
height of 2437 pixels. That's why there is a space between the message
body and the attachments. Firefox delivers much smaller iframe
heights: <iframe class="htmlMsgData" id="SnggSMLY5m54UMSbEKiPN7M"
src="javascript:false" style="height: 248px;" frameborder="0">
</iframe>

As far as I understand the iframe height depends on the available
width for the message view and is generated on message load. It seems
that chromium is misinterpreting the message length and delivers an
oversized iframe height.