[imp] IMP behaves weirdly while composing messages; duplicates drafts, it may fail to save message in 'Sent'

Leonardo Bruno Lopes leonardo at cefetmg.br
Thu Apr 13 16:48:36 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

I sometimes notice the following behavior while composing messages in
IMP Dynamic view:

While I am writing the message, IMP correctly saves the drafts every
minute (according to my prefs), but instead of create a new draft at
the first time it is saved and then update the *same draft*, IMP saves
a *new draft* every time. As a result, if I take 15 minutes to compose
the message, I will have at end nearly 15 drafts in my 'Drafts' folder.

As I said, it doesn't happen every time I compose messages, when it
does, the log says:

Apr 13 12:25:41 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12672 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:26:42 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 13523 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:27:41 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12672 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:28:41 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12674 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:29:42 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12735 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:30:41 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12728 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:31:41 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12722 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
Apr 13 12:46:21 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] Message sent to
imp at lists.horde.org from user at domain.com (xx.xx.xx.xx) [pid 12728 on
line 964 of "/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Compose.php"]
Apr 13 12:46:21 my_horde_server HORDE: [imp] [store] IMAP error
reported by server. [pid 12728 on line 726 of
"/usr/share/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]

Notice that there is one error messages for each time IMP tries to
update the draft; then a new one is placed on Drafts folder. The last
2 logs messages reports the mail being sent and the last error that --
I suppose -- is generated when IMP tries to remove the draft (s ?).

The mail is in fact sent; however the message may or may not be saved
in 'Sent' folder. If it was not, the red error box will pop up and
tell the user 'There was an error flagging messages in the mailbox
"Inbox": IMAP error reported by server'. The blue info box will also
be shown: 'Message sent successfully, but not saved to Sent'.

Of course this can/should be related to my Dovecot 2.2.13 IMAP server,
but the truth is that Dovecot log shows nothing at the time IMP logs
the errors above, even I have increase the debug level.

Can someone please help me with this?

Best regards,
Leonardo

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.