[imp] Very large tables

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Tue Aug 29 08:13:52 UTC 2017

Hi!

We are using Horde as WebMail for a few hundreds of users.

In the last months I have noticed that the disks load (two SSD in RAID1)
is grown a lot. We use MySQL (actually MariaDB) as DB. I looked at the
tables and have noticed that there are two very large tables:

- horde_vfs: 24G size, 74 thousands records
- horde_imap_client_message: 12G size, 6 million records!

Are these sizes and number of records "normal"?

Is there any mechanism to purge old records from these tables? Or they
will grow forever?

Thanks.