[imp] Message content not displayed after upgrade to PHP 7.3

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Dec 27 17:42:55 UTC 2018

Citeren Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org>:

Apologies for the wrong information, but this is with the latest
packages from PEAR (not master).

>> It looks like HTML mail is displayed correctly and text-only ones don't.

>>> Note that the message content is available. I can reply to such a
>>> message (like the one quoted above) just fine. So the trouble
>>> seems to be in rendering messages, rather than grabbing them from
>>> the IMAP server.
>
> Any chance you can get a stack trace to see where the regexp is
> coming from? I can't reproduce this on a fresh VM I spun up with php
> 7.3 and current git master.

I'll try. But since I'm hundreds of kilometers from the system and all
I have is a mobile phone as a console (through ssh), it's a bit clumsy
to apply changes. What is the exact line I need to insert before/after
the offending code on line 99?

> I did find some regexps that needed to be fixed, but I dont' think
> those are called when just displaying an email. See:
> https://github.com/horde/imp/commit/5186ad002b0809960fd6096a2ca85ab8d2aab888
>
> Also, please make sure you are up to date with git on *all* packages.

I'm sorry about the confusion, this is on the packages from PEAR
(up-to-date as of now).