[imp] problem with searches in Horde/IMP webmail

David Topping david at hypercreations.com
Tue Jun 25 14:34:43 UTC 2019

I have a vps running cPanel/WHM v80.0.18 with Horde at v5.2.22. I use
Horde/IMP webmail almost exclusively to access several email accounts
and use the search function multiple times a day. Up until several
days ago, the results of a search spanned my entire Inbox (or my
entire email account when adding "All Mailboxes" in the Advanced
search options). Recently, my search results only show the last day or
two of results, even though there should be MANY older results (I have
a lot of items in my Inbox). This is happening on all mailboxes that
I've checked, although in some cases, I'm seeing results going back up
to 5 days, but that's still only a very small window of what would
normally be shown (the Inbox has messages spanning almost 4 years, and
some folders contain messages approx. 10 years old).

I checked the value in WHM > Tweak Settings for "Age, in days, of
content to purge users’ Horde cache files" and it's "Disabled" which
is the default.

Suggestions as to what else I should check or about what might be
causing this are most welcome! I posted this yesterday in the cPanel
Community Forums but there haven't yet been any responses--here's the
link:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/horde-imp-webmail-searches-limited-results.655831/

Thanks,
David Topping