[imp] Address lookup does not access favorite recipients

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:35:16 UTC 2020

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 at 20:19, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hallo,
> >
> > Not sure if this goes to IMP, Turba or Horde...
> >
> > When composing messages, the address look-up does not reference the
> > favorite recipients address book, even though this is correctly
> > populated with frequent recipients.
> >
> > I.e. unless the email address is attached to a contact in turba, the
> > look-up does not return a match.
> >
> > Is this something wrong with my configuration?  A bug?  Intended behaviour?
>
> Did you add configure IMP to use it? Preferences -> Mail -> Address Books

Hallo Michael,

thanks for the hint.  I was sure I had seen this and spent some time
looking in the Turba preferences without finding anything relevant
(prehaps this could be duplicated there?).

Now I have another problem.  I selected the main addressbook and the
favoured recipients (I have a third addressbook related to one
specific identity), in that order, but the look up returns results
from the favourite recipients first, and not the main addressbook.
Not fatal, but not expected.  Let me know if I should open a bug
ticket.

Actually 2 problems...  I am unable to add the third addressbook to
the list (which would be quite useful).  When I try to add it (even if
I add one at a time and then save the preference), it just kicks me
out back to the preferences page.

Regards

Simon