[imp] Identity's default email address is ignored

Frank Wille horde at wendik.de
Thu Apr 16 13:54:00 UTC 2020

Hi,

we are using Horde 5.2.22 and IMP 6.2.22 on our web server and noticed that
the email address, which is configured for the default identity in the
"Personal Information" tab is lost/replaced as soon as the mail hits the
SMTP server.

Example:

I have configured my email address as: joe.user at wendik.de. This is one of
many addresses defined in Postfix' canonical file as an alias, besides
user at wendik.de, for example. The actual email account on the mail server
is "ju".

So I log in into Horde with "ju" using the email account's password. When I
sent a mail with my default identity (which has joe.user at wendik.de) all
seems fine at first. The mail in IMP's Sent folder has the correct sender,
and even when viewing the mail's source in the web interface it shows:
  From: Joe User <joe.user at wendik.de>

But what I see on the mail server (which is the same machine, running the
web server and Horde) log is this:
  E4D2DC963A: from=<ju at wendik.de>, size=1043, nrcpt=2 (queue active)

And it also shows up like this at the recipient of this message.

I found no solution for it and ignored it for a while because it is not
critical, but now we want to have a second identity for some of our
employees. So Joe User defined another identity with a different email
address and signature under "Personal Information" - for example:
 joe.user at newdomain.com

You might guess it, although the mail gets the correct signature it will
reach the mail server as ju at wendik.de !

Now we have a real problem. :(
Any hints?
Thanks in advance.