[ingo] Fwd: interesting in ingo development

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon Dec 2 15:04:21 2002

----- Forwarded message from hasso@meyer-jordan.de -----
    Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:25:48 +0100
    From: Hasso Meyer-Jordan <hasso@meyer-jordan.de>
 Subject: interesting in ingo development
      To: chuck@horde.org

Hi Chuck!

I'm perhaps interested in support development of ingo - at least
localization for
German language.

I'm (at this moment) not very familiar with horde (perhaps 10%) or php
(about 25%)
and sieve/timsieved.

Do you have some infos for me:

1. I've looked around in ingo code: importing (better: displaying) of
existing rules/sieve
scripts isn't implementet yet? Correct?
(On my test installation the 'Rules' list stays empty, as well.)

2. Saving of new rules in 'ingo.script' on timsieved server works. But it
overrides old
'ingo.script' without warning. Just as the 'set active' (default) technique.

3. The menu item 'Scripts' should only display the existing scripts created
from the
other menu items, shouldn't it?
Or should it be for manipulating rule sets, perhaps even with included syntax
checking?

4. Is the blacklist only a more simple way for creating sieve rules for this
special
interest? Or is it based on another unix or MTA or deliver technique?

5. Is the vacation feature based on unix' vacation or on sieve techniques?
(Because
sealed Cyrus IMAP server have no unix user accounts - therfore ther is no
possibility
for use of vacation program.)

Thank you Chuck!
  Hasso

--
Meyer-Jordan IT-Service             Phone:  +49 511 2347480
seit 1994                           Fax:    +49 511 2347481

Microsoft Handelspartner
AGFEO Fachhandelspartner
Netzwerke - Server - Internet
Datenübertragung - mobile Anbindungen
Computersysteme und -Loesungen

Consulting - Planung
Installation - Konfiguration
Betreuung - Wartung

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."