[ingo] Fwd: interesting in ingo development

Hasso Meyer-Jordan meyer-jordan at t-online.de
Sat Dec 7 18:33:09 2002

Hi Mike!

Thank you for information! That's what I need to know (and what I've sopposed).

> > 1. I've looked around in ingo code: importing (better: displaying) of
> > existing rules/sieve
> > scripts isn't implementet yet? Correct?
> > (On my test installation the 'Rules' list stays empty, as well.)
>
> As far as rules that are allready on the server, this is not planned nor very
> possible actually.

So perhaps an important playground for me. (But a very difficulty one - unless,
except the PHP sieve tools already have rule parsing functions inclunded. But I
don't think so - however I haven't looked for that until now.)

I like a solution wich is controlable by different tools/frontends at the same
time. That's my fundamental impulse to look for processing existing rules. (But
even Mulberry 3.0.0 [Windows] isn't able to handle server based scripts
correctly.)

> > 2. Saving of new rules in 'ingo.script' on timsieved server works. But it
> > overrides old
> > 'ingo.script' without warning. Just as the 'set active' (default) technique.
>
> Yes, that's what i was intending, as ingo would be the only what the
> ingo.script should be getting edited, i figured users didn't want to know that
> there is a seperate script somewhere else that they had to worry about.

That's surely true. But a overwrite warning would be nice.

> > 3. The menu item 'Scripts' should only display the existing scripts created
> > from the other menu items, shouldn't it?
> > Or should it be for manipulating rule sets, perhaps even with included syntax
> > checking?
> It's just a display of that the script is that would be saves if it was
> activiated. Basically it's left from me debugging when I was writting Ingo and
> wanted to see the scripts.

Please don't remove this later! It's a nice feature for power users or such who
want to learn something.
But don't permit users to change script text - most of them are too stupid or
careless.

> > 5. Is the vacation feature based on unix' vacation or on sieve techniques?
>
> Just using the vacation sieve extension.. everything in ingo is done with
> sieve.

Fine! Perfect for sealed server! (Didn't know about this sieve feature. - So
much to get learned... Give me time!)

Cheers, Hasso