[ingo] IMP/Ingo working together... someday... I hope

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Sun Apr 6 05:04:45 PDT 2003

> ----- Message from bjn at horde.org ---------
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu> wrote:
>
> > Mike has written an excellent UI for manipulating the blacklist/filters

Hmm... The UI design is borrowed from the Mozilla project actually :-)
http://mozilla.org/mailnews/specs/filters/#Filter Rules D

> > i'll stop babbling now.  I hope I'm not breaking anything.  Until I get
> > to understand ingo more, I will try to commit in small chunks to
> > increase peer review and ease of fixing if i go awry :)
>
> I have been taking the same approach for the same reasons.  I guess we
> need Mike to chime in with his thoughts on where we're thinking of taking
> his app.  ;-)

Do as you wish :-) It does everything I need so feel free to add/tweak etc. I'm
going to be in the states from about the end of may for 3 months so my input
will be pretty minimal until i get back. I'll try keep up with commits though.

The importing of sieve scripts is something that has been discussed a number of
times here and is not an easy thing to do as sieve allows elseif and elses so
the number of combinations is huge when you convert to something that doesn't
allow for that (eg the current ingo/imp rule storage system)

Feel free to quiz me about stuff in the next couple of months if anything really
doesn't make sense.

- Mike :-)