[ingo] Vacation as a rule

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Mon May 12 00:13:18 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been looking at the sieve language and found that it can handle
vacation processing as a rule. ie it can send vacation notices with
conditions.

This functionality has proved very useful in the past for screening out
vacation response loops amongst other things, such as not responding to
automatic emails..etc.

I had a version working before I went on holiday 10 days ago but since then
Ingo seems to have undergone some radical changes, which made my changes
completely unworkable.

Questions is: is anyone out there willing to add this functionality to the
Ingo code as it stands today? there should be very few changes to the
interface, namely the addition of a "send-vacation response" to the list of
actions in the rules screen + a box to add the response (or copy it from
the default vacation settings).

If anyone is interested I can send my previous changes, but from what I've
seen in the code they may be less than useful.

Ahmed...