[ingo] backends and host params

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Mon May 12 19:04:51 PDT 2003

> ----- Message from Leena.Heino at uta.fi ---------
> > So you can set up multiple config. stanzas and Ingo will pick the one that
> > matches the IMAP server being used by the current user.
>
> The preferred logic in ingo seems to be:
> if preferred is array and
>   if preferred == SERVER_NAME or preferred == HTTP_HOST then
>     use preferred server config
>   end
> end

This is consistant with imp and gollem. Maybe a hook would make more sense, an
imap server and username hook possibly.

> What I would like is that preferred is chosen according to imap server:
> if preferred is array and
>   if preferred == user's imap.server then
>     use preferred server config
>   end
> end

The user's imap server is not always going to be available to us, so this
wouldn't work for everyone either.

Eg if ingo is being used as a standalone filters interface and horde is
authenticating directly against the ldap or mysql backend that cyrus uses.