[ingo] Re: Ingo Filters

Rodolfo segleaur at mechanus.org
Mon Jul 7 07:55:20 PDT 2003

Rodolfo said something about Re: [ingo] Re: Ingo Filters on
 Mon, 23 Jun 2003 :

 | Michael M Slusarz said something about Re: [ingo] Re: Ingo Filters on
 |  Mon, 23 Jun 2003 :
 |
 |  | | i've set up the backends.php to use the imap setting as:
 |  | |
 |  | | $backends['null'] = array(
 |  | |     'driver' => 'null',
 |  | |     'preferred' => 'sigil.mechanus.org',
 |  | |     'script' => 'imap',
 |  | |     'hordeauth' => 'user',
 |  | |     'params' => array()
 |  | | );
 |  | |
 |  | | i'm still trying to track down the problem, but if any of you have an
 |  | | idea what's going on - drop me a line.
 | <snip>
 | that's what baffles me. i'm presuming you're also using the latest cvs code
 | for
 | imp also? the rules are stored correctly in the prefs table, but no matter
 | what
 | rule i define, it still doesn't get applied. i'm looking into which part of
 | ingo is failing, but i'm a little swamped right now.

ok - i'm going up the wall as to why it works this way, but i'm guessing there's
a good reason that i'm just not on the up and up of it.

it seems, for some unexplainable reason - at least not to me right now, that
ingo requires a *@*.* in the whitelist of ingo to work correctly. the whitelist
basically, if i understood the coding and comments correctly, checks the email
in the inbox and makes sure it's "safe" or actually, wanted email. if the
address matches the list in the whitelist, it stays in the inbox regardless
what happens. apparently, ingo won't execute any of the rules against the inbox
if the *@*.* doesn't exist - i'm guessing that it defaults to the "everything
is evil" mode and decides that regardless there's a rule telling it to delete
the email, it won't touch it with a ten foot pole?

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the
ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela