[ingo] Re: Ingo Filters

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 7 21:30:10 PDT 2003

Quoting Rodolfo <segleaur at mechanus.org>:

| it seems, for some unexplainable reason - at least not to me right now,
| that
| ingo requires a *@*.* in the whitelist of ingo to work correctly. the
| whitelist
| basically, if i understood the coding and comments correctly, checks the
| email
| in the inbox and makes sure it's "safe" or actually, wanted email. if the
| address matches the list in the whitelist, it stays in the inbox
| regardless
| what happens. apparently, ingo won't execute any of the rules against the
| inbox
| if the *@*.* doesn't exist - i'm guessing that it defaults to the
| "everything
| is evil" mode and decides that regardless there's a rule telling it to
| delete
| the email, it won't touch it with a ten foot pole?

This is completely inaccurate, at least for the imap driver (you never
mentioned which driver you were using, but your previous message indicated
you were using the 'imap' driver).  My whitelist is empty and active, and i
filter mail just fine.  There was a problem a while back that if your
whitelist input was empty, it would save a blank email to the whitelist, so
this may be causing your problems.  Solution: clear out your ingo 'rules'
preference.

michael