[ingo] Fwd: Re: Deleting filters (from faq@horde.org)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 5 09:06:31 PDT 2003

This message was sent to faq at horde.org.  Basically he wants:

1) Easy way to delete all filters.
2) Way to filter based on language (in some cases just a header filter).
3) Way to filter on words in a subject line or body (should exist).

----- Forwarded message from db at chem.au.dk -----
    Date: Tue,  5 Aug 2003 08:58:31 +0200
    From: Dieter Britz <db at chem.au.dk>
 Subject: Re: Deleting filters
      To: Eric Rostetter <faq at horde.org>

Hi Eric

thanks for your prompt reply. I tried out your suggestion and
saw that there is indeed a delete function, right at the bottom,
where I had not looked before. My problem now is that I had
apparently set 400 filters a few years back, and I find I can only
mark one at a time... This will take some time. Is there a way
to mark them all? Or, more than one?

As for future filter possibilities, what would be handy is to be
able to exclude messages in another script; I get a lot of what
I think are Korean supermarket ads, in a weird script. Also, if
one could exclude some subject words. I know this is dangerous
but if I could keep out messages with the word "penis" or "inches",
that would get rid of a lot already, and I never get real messages
with these words in the subject.

[...]

Dieter

--