[ingo] sieved and courier-imapd?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Sep 11 05:49:26 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:49:53PM +0200, Oskar Eyb wrote:
> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
> > Quoting Oskar Eyb <oskar at mail.solls.net>:
> >
> > | afaik is timsieved a cyrus built-in... are there other sieve-daemons
> > out
> > | e.g. for use with the courier imap server?
> >
> > Not built-in.  But there is a sieve binary that acts similar to procmail
> > -
> > see http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20030113/008060.html
>
> i don´t get it to work.
> A filter is for me important, i ´ve different mailinglists and private
> mails in one folder, i must sort them. is is maybe possible to take the old
> filter?
>
> after creating a filter rule horde/ingo gives me the following error:
> The driver said: Not currently in TRANSACTION state

This error usually mean that your backend is not correctly setted up.
Look in ingo/config/backends.php.

However, I am afraid you will not be able to use the referred software.
The sieve from mailutils is a command-line filter.   Ingo require a
Managesieve server.  I do not know if there is other Managesieve server
beside timsieved, sorry ...

I do know however that the current CVS HEAD Ingo have support for
procmail. Never tried it so can't comment on it's suitability, so YMMV.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com