[ingo] New reorder/move buttons patch

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Tue Apr 6 03:48:40 PDT 2004

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:
> What if we included an "insert rule here" link/button/whatever on each
> line.  I know this wouldn't help reordering rules so much, but it would
> help with the initial placement of a rule.
>
> --Ben

Don't see why this can't be modified to work for existing rules as well, once
the interface supports the user identifying an existing rule to move the same
button could be used to move the rule to the new location.

Radio buttons come to mind as the simplest way to do this, but depending on how
it affects the layout some good JavaScript and style manipulation could allow
you to select a rule by simply modifying its background colour when you click
on the row where the rule is. You could modify the background style for the row
using JavaScript so that it appears that the rule is highlighted.

Just my 0.02c

--
Darragh

"Nothing's foolproof to a sufficently talented fool"