[ingo] sieve whitelist behavior..

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Tue Sep 21 10:33:17 PDT 2004

When using the Sieve backend, Ingo stops checking rules after the blacklist
criteria have been met..

 10: # Blacklisted Addresses
 11: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :is ["From", "Sender",
"Resent-From"] "poop at poop.com"  {
 12:     discard;
 13:     stop;
 14: }

Whitelist doesn't do that...

  5: # Whitelisted Addresses
  6: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :is ["From", "Sender",
"Resent-From"] ["juser at example.com"]  {
  7:     keep;
  8: }

Shouldn't whitelist also stop checking rules?  To me "whitelist" implies
messages will always reach the inbox, no matter what.

I can see how people might want mail from whitelisted addresses to be available
for other filtering, but what if you're also using Sieve to filter out messages
that have been tagged by some anti-spam package?  Say someone you've whitelisted
apparently sends you spam.. what should the behavior be?

Maybe this is a matter of rules ordering..   what do  you guys think?  Currently
our rules go..

- Whitelist
- Blacklist
- Filter on anti-spam X-header

Blacklisted addresses never hit the anti-spam filter, but whitelisted addresses
do.

Liam