[ingo] Existing .procmailrc and forwarding code

Shane Williams broot at ischool.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 9 12:03:41 PDT 2005

I'm slowly putting together various components on a fresh Horde
install and I just installed Ingo 1.0.2-rc1.  A few comments right off
the bat.  First, this rocks.  I was just talking about creating
something similar with my co-workers.  Now I've got much of what I
need without having to build a framework around it.

Second, does Ingo do any check for previously existing files?  I ask
because it just overwrote the .procmailrc I already had without any
warning.  To prevent this in the future, it looks like I need to turn
off the "Automatically update the script after each change?" option by
default (which seems like the saner default).  Will that do what I
want?

Third, since the only thing I had in my .procmailrc before was a
forward, I went to set up the same forward using Ingo.  When I do
this, it wants to add a bunch of lines.  In particular, it seems to
make a clone before forwarding and then toss the clone to /dev/null.
I'm not even close to being a procmail wizard, but isn't this an
inefficient way to forward mail without keeping a copy?
Wouldn't:

:0
! address at someplace.net

be simpler?  And then add an optional "c" when it's needed?

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT iSchool
All syllogisms contain three lines |       broot at ischool.utexas.edu
Therefore this is not a syllogism  | www.ischool.utexas.edu/~shanew