[ingo] sieve and digest-md5 authentication

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jan 11 20:03:58 PST 2006

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> I'm attempting to use digest-md5 to authenticate to sieve backend.
> However, I'm getting this error message displayed when I try to active
> the script:

[snip]

> Has anybody on the list got Ingo to authenticate to sieve backend via
> digest-md5?

So...  I looked a bit more into this.  It seems like 'PLAIN' is passed
as logintype to Ingo_Driver_timsieved constructor regardless of the
value in configuration file!?  So it is always set to PLAIN.  I'm
digging through the code currently, trying to figure out what is going
on here.  As temprorary workaround I simply patched timsieved.php to
pass empty string as logintype to Net_Sieve constructor (in two places).
  Which, BTW, would be better choice for default logintype (line 27 of
timsieved.php), since this allows Net_Sieve to choose one of the auth
types offered by the server.