[ingo] sieve and digest-md5 authentication

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jan 11 19:27:29 PST 2006

I'm attempting to use digest-md5 to authenticate to sieve backend.
However, I'm getting this error message displayed when I try to active
the script:

There was an error activating the script. The driver said: PLAIN NOT
supported authentication method!. This server supports these methods=
DIGEST-MD5,CRAM-MD5, but I support DIGEST-MD5,CRAM-MD5,PLAIN,LOGIN

So, my server supports digest-md5.  Net_Sieve (or Auth_SASL?) claims it
supports digest-md5.  But somehow they don't like each other.

My ingo/config/backends.php looks like this:

$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => 'mail.milivojevic.org',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => 'mail.milivojevic.org',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'DIGEST-MD5',
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo'
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array()
);

I have Net_Sieve 1.1.1 and Auth_SASL 1.0.1 Pear modules installed
(which I believe are the latest stable versions).  Running Ingo 1.0.3
and horde 3.0.8.

Has anybody on the list got Ingo to authenticate to sieve backend via
digest-md5?