[ingo] about autoreply and forward with LDAP server

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:44:46 PDT 2006

Quoting Cheng Bruce <itlist at gmail.com>:

> By the way, is it possible to set the schedule of vactaion and forward ?

I don't know of any way to do what you want.  Interesting idea though.

> For example, USER_A will be out of office from Sep. 1st to Sep. 11th,
> and his messages should be forwarded to USER_B during that time. If he
> can set the schedule by himself via ingo or sort, then we don't need
> to pay attention on this to cancel it when he comes back.

Well, he can set the vacation himself, and he can remove it himself, so
"you" don't need to pay attention at all, only the user needs to pay
attention to the dates they are gone and dates they return.

> another case is that the new guy joins our company, his manager wants
> to supervise his messages during the first special period, when times
> go by, it will be disabled by automatically.

To do this effectively, you would need to do this at the mail system
level beyond the user's control.  Sork/Ingo both work at the user
level, so the user could circumvent this setup and get away with
whatever he/she wants...

> Would you please advise me how to handle them with LDAP not use .forward ?

Configure it for ldap instead.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics