[ingo] different configuration dependant on used server? (Markus Krause)

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed Sep 20 03:15:13 PDT 2006

Hi Davide,

thanks for your reply!

Zitat von Davide Bianchi <davide.bianchi at diala.greenpeace.org>:
> ingo-request at lists.horde.org wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> We are using Horde with two different mail-servers: a Linux IMAP
>> server and Microsoft Exchange. On the login page the user can choose
>> which server (depending on the type of account he has) he wants to
>> use. For reading and writing/sending mail this works perfectly, but
>> there is a problem with mail filtering with Ingo. On the Linux IMAP
>> server we use procmail, which of course does not work with MS
>> Exchange. Is there a way to setup Ingo to choose different
>> configuration values (procmail for the IMAP server, none/null for
>> Exchange) or can this only be solved by setting up two horde
>> installations?
>
> I've kind-of a similar setup, but with something like an 100 of
> servers...
wow, thats a lot! and all from one horde-system? or am i
misunderstanding this?

> I've posted sometimes ago a patch that applied to Ingo will
> allow a number of 'backend' to be configured and the correct one be used
> for each server. You should be able to find the patch in the M.L. archives.
it seems that this is the same code as in ticket #3701
(https://dev.horde.org/horde/whups/ticket/?id=3701) mentioned by
Rafael Varela Pet .
But i am a bit lost on how to configure this, could you send me an example?

Thanks in advance for your help!

regards
   markus