[ingo] different configuration dependant on used server?

Rafael Varela Pet srrafa at usc.es
Wed Sep 20 04:22:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

El mié, 20-09-2006 a las 12:10 +0200, Markus Krause escribió:

> but i am a bit irritaed about the comments in the ticket. i am using
> the release version and therefor applied your patches in
> ingo.patch.tgz, which worked fine. but if i am inserting the hook-code
> in backends.php as suggested in the ticket by jan i get an error about
> the missing file hooks.php. then i put the code in hooks.php and there
> is no error.

You cannot insert the code in my sample of hooks.php directly in
backends.php. It needs some work before.

I cannot provide you with an example because I'm still using my patches.
I hope to do it soon, because we prefer to stick with the standard
distribution.

> right now i have still the problem on how to configure ingo to
> distinguish between the two configurations depending on the server the
> user choose on logging in. i put different values in "preferred" in
> imp/config/servers.php and used the same in ingo/config/backends.php
> but this obviously is not correct (as it does not work; it seems i am
> missunderstanding the use of the variable "preferred"). can you give
> me an example for the configuration?

Keep the 'preferred' field empty in imp/config/servers.php

In ingo/config/backends.php, fill the 'preferred' field with the address
or name of the IMAP server where the users log in. It has to be exactly
the same as in imp/config/servers.php

Example for NULL driver:

$backends['domain'] = array(
    'driver' => 'null',
    'preferred' => 'pop.domain.tld',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'params' => array(),
    'script' => 'imap',
    'scriptparams' => array()
);

Regards,

Rafael Varela Pet
Area de Tecnoloxías da Información e Comunicacións

Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
15782 Santiago de Compostela
http://www.usc.es/atic