[ingo] different configuration dependant on used server?

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed Sep 20 07:10:00 PDT 2006

Zitat von Rafael Varela Pet <srrafa at usc.es>:
> Hi,
>
> El mié, 20-09-2006 a las 12:10 +0200, Markus Krause escribió:
>
>> but i am a bit irritaed about the comments in the ticket. i am using
>> the release version and therefor applied your patches in
>> ingo.patch.tgz, which worked fine. but if i am inserting the hook-code
>> in backends.php as suggested in the ticket by jan i get an error about
>> the missing file hooks.php. then i put the code in hooks.php and there
>> is no error.
>
> You cannot insert the code in my sample of hooks.php directly in
> backends.php. It needs some work before.
>
> I cannot provide you with an example because I'm still using my patches.
> I hope to do it soon, because we prefer to stick with the standard
> distribution.
I am wondering if this patch could not be included in the next release
as this seems to be a very usefull feature (i don't think we are the
only one who would like this enhancement!) which does not break
anything if it is not used ...

>> right now i have still the problem on how to configure ingo to
>> distinguish between the two configurations depending on the server the
>> user choose on logging in. i put different values in "preferred" in
>> imp/config/servers.php and used the same in ingo/config/backends.php
>> but this obviously is not correct (as it does not work; it seems i am
>> missunderstanding the use of the variable "preferred"). can you give
>> me an example for the configuration?
>
> Keep the 'preferred' field empty in imp/config/servers.php
>
> In ingo/config/backends.php, fill the 'preferred' field with the address
> or name of the IMAP server where the users log in. It has to be exactly
> the same as in imp/config/servers.php
>
> Example for NULL driver:
>

> $backends['domain'] = array(
>     'driver' => 'null',
>     'preferred' => 'pop.domain.tld',
>     'hordeauth' => true,
>     'params' => array(),
>     'script' => 'imap',
>     'scriptparams' => array()
> );

thanks a lot, this cleared up things and it is working now :-)

regards
    markus

Markus Krause                                   email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS
by order of the Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry
Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99                         Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

      This message was sent using https://webmail.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de