[ingo] different configuration dependant on used server?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Sep 20 08:39:03 PDT 2006

Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:

> I am wondering if this patch could not be included in the next
> release as this seems to be a very usefull feature (i don't think we
> are the only one who would like this enhancement!) which does not
> break anything if it is not used ...

It adds unnecessary complexity, which doesn't help developers or users
in the long run. I want to encourage taking advantage of the fact that
the config files are PHP - if we move away from that, that'd be
another matter, but that would be a major strategy change. Unless that
happens, I'm going to be moving towards less config options that
replace config file code, not more.

-chuck