[ingo] Default sieve filter

Lars Stavholm stava at telcotec.se
Wed Jan 3 08:23:58 PST 2007

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:
> Lars Stavholm wrote:
>> Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:
>>

>>> What I need is a (command line) script to, at the same time, upload a
>>> sieve script into the cyrus imap server, and do what's needed at the
>>> mysql database. Does this exists somewhere ?
>>
>> Have you looked at the comments in horde/ingo/config/backends.php?
>
> Hmmmm.... Yes, but what I should understand from what's written there ?
>
> The only backend I've configured in that file is (comments removed) :
>
> $backends['sieve'] = array(
>     'driver' => 'timsieved',
>     'preferred' => 'localhost',
>     'hordeauth' => true,
>     'params' => array(
>         'hostspec' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
>         'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
>         'usetls' => false,
>         'port' => 2000,
>         'scriptname' => 'ingo'
>     ),
>     'script' => 'sieve',
>     'scriptparams' => array()
> );
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

I'm not sure you're doing anything wrong (yet:).
I was merely suggesting that you look at the last
part of the 'sieve' => 'params' setting, where it says:

// The following settings can be used to specify an administration
// user to update all users' scripts. If you want to use an admin
// user, you also need to disable 'hordeauth' above. You have to use
// an admin user if you want to use shared rules.
// 'username' => 'cyrus',
// 'password' => '*****',

Set the username and password and off you go,
login as admin and define the shared rules.

We use Cyrus IMAP, and I'v been looking for this kind of
setup for a central/shared sieve script for all users.
I just haven't had time to test it in Horde myself yet.

You're original question was: "Is there a way to define
a default sieve filter?", and this is one way. whether it
works or not is another story. I will try it myself eventually.

Well, as it turns out, I just had to try it right away,
and lo and behold, couldn't get it to work properly.
I used the 'sieve' backend with username and password set
properly, but nothing happens in the sense that I cannot
see any top level sieve scripts in my /var/lib/sieve directory
(where I do believe the shared ones should appear).
I'll move on to some debugging now.

Cheers
/Lars