[ingo] Trouble configuring backends.php

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Fri Mar 2 09:20:58 PST 2007

Hello,

I just installed:

     * Horde: 3.1.3
     * Imp: H3 (4.1.3)
     * Ingo: H3 (1.1.2)
     * Kronolith: H3 (2.1.4)
     * Turba: H3 (2.1.3)

on a Fedora Core 5 server.

PROBLEM:
I have some filters configured, and some mails in my inbox which
should be processed by the filters, but are not.

CONFIGURATION DETAILS:
- My server config specifies that the /horde/ location can only be accessed by
   SSL (https://whitestar02.dyndns.org/horde/).

- The rest of the horde applications seem to work correctly.

- I am using IMP strictly as an IMAP client. The IMAP server is not managed by
   me (it's managed by my university). I can get mails, view folders, and send
   mail correctly from my installation (this mail is an example of that.

- I have "Apply filter rules upon logging on?" and "Apply filter rules
whenever
   INBOX is displayed?" turned on in IMP filter options.

- The filter rules are all like this (mailing list filters):

     Any of the following:
        To Contains osg-users at openscenegraph.net
     or CC Contains osg-users at openscenegraph.net
     Do this: Deliver to folder: Mailing Lists.OSG-Users
     Stop checking if this rule matches is checked.

   Nothing else is checked.

- My ingo/config/backends.php is like this (comment header removed):

     $backends['imap'] = array(
         'driver' => 'null',
         'preferred' =>

array('localhost','whitestar02.dyndns.org','whitestar02.webhop.org',
                  $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]),
         'hordeauth' => true,
         'params' => array(),
         'script' => 'imap',
         'scriptparams' => array()
     );

   Note that I threw anything I could think of (and the kitchen sink) in the
   preferred line, because I thought that might be what isn't working...

- I just checked, and when accessing horde normally
   (through https://whitestar02.dyndns.org/horde/ which I hope none of you can
   access...), phpinfo() gives

     $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] = "whitestar02.dyndns.org".

   So at least that part of the preferred line above should work.

So essentially, what I'm saying is that I don't know how to properly
configure the backends.php, so I'm trying lots of things that may or
may not make any sense. I would appreciate a bit of help on this.

Thanks in advance,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/