[ingo] Ingo H3 (1.2-ALPHA)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Aug 26 17:57:58 UTC 2007

Zitat von Listaccount <lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de>:

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Ingo
>> Email Filter Rules Manager version H3 (1.2).
>>
>> Ingo is an email-filter management application. It is fully
>> internationalized,
>> integrated with Horde and the IMP Webmail client, and supports both
>> server-side (Sieve, procmail) and client-side (IMAP) rule creation.
>>
>> This is a preview version that should not be used on production
>> systems. This
>> version is considered feature complete but a few bugs may still exist in the
>> code.
>>
>> We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists
>> or our bug
>> tracking system.  Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
>> might still change before the final release.
>>
>> Ingo version H3 (1.2) is a major upgrade in the 1.x release series,
>> including
>> these enhancements:
>>     * WCAG 1.0 Priority 2/Section 508 accessibility guidelines compliance.
>>     * Timed vacation messages (I will be away from X to Y).
>>     * Major improvements to the procmail driver, including negative matches,
>>       body tests, loop prevention in vacation messages, full character set
>>       support,
>>     * Maildrop driver improvements, including vacation support and full
>>       character set support in the maildrop driver.
>>     * Sieve driver improvements, including numeric spam score tests, sivtest
>>       support, and quota checks before uploading sieve rules.
>>     * Filter rules can be stored in a SQL database.
>>     * Administrators can change other user's filter rules.
>
> Hello
>
> We are in progress of testing the new release with a Cyrus/Sieve
> Backend and have some questions :
>
> - The timed vacation search per regexp for the date in the mail
> header. As this depends on the mailserver/client clock we would like
> to know what happen if the date fields in all or some of the
> "Received" header are wrong? Is there no possibility to use the local
> time?

No, such an option doesn't exist in Sieve afaik. But I don't feel
comfortable with the current solution either, any better suggestions
are very welcome.

> What performance drop will be the downside of the regexp matching?

Sieve ususally doesn't cause any performance problems at all.

> - As target for the spam-test it would be useful to get a "discard"
> target. I know it is dangerous but we are already provide one in the
> "Blacklist" so anotherone should not matter and the users will for
> sure demand this if the site uses content filter.

Patch?

> - It would be nice to have a size setting for the forwarding to
> support forwarding to small devices like handhelds etc.

Does Sieve (or any other of the supported filter backends) support
filtering by size?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/